NAFSA: The Association of International Educators (2012-present)
- The Best in the World? Not in Internationalization. NAFSA: Trends and Insights, on-line publication. See full text.
- Improving Global Learning: Lessons from the Field. NAFSA e-publication. See full text
- “Acting as Global Citizens: A Challenge to Colleges and Universities.” (2013). NAFSA: Trends and Insights, on -line publication. See full text
- Measuring and Assessing Internationalization (2012). NAFSA e-publication. See full text.
- “Global Citizenship: What Are We Talking About and Why Does it Matter?” (2012, January). NAFSA: Trends and Insights, on-line publication. See full text.
Leadership Foundation (2011)
- “Leading Change in Southern African Universities: The Role of the Registrar/Senior Administrative Officer,” commissioned by the Leadership Foundation for the Southern African Regional Universities Association (SARUA). (Published by Leadership Foundation 2014)
CHEMS Consulting, UK (2011-present)
- Member of international research team to develop case studies on best practices on teaching and learning (commissioned by Higher Education Academy, UK) (2016). Middlehurst, R.M. and Fielden, J. (2016). Learning Excellence: 26 international case studies. York: Higher Education Academy. See full text
- Member of international research team on internationalization strategies of 50 top universities worldwide (2014). Commissioned by UK university.
- Contributing researcher for Fielden, J. (2013). A Guide to the Financial Aspects of UK Off-Shore HEI Activities. U.K Higher Education Unit in Association with CHEMS Consulting.
- Case study on cross-border education in Fielden, J. and Gillard, E. (2011). A Guide to Offshore Staffing Strategies for U.K. Universities. London: Universities UK.
Change Magazine (2013, 2011)
- “Putting the Pieces Together: A Strategic Approach to Internationalization” (commentary to Eddy et al., “Internationalizing a Campus; From Colonial to Modern Times,” Change Magazine, Nov/Dec 2013. See abstract
- “Lost in Translation: Degree Definition and Quality in a Globalized World,” Change Magazine (a U.S. higher education publication), Sept/Oct 2011. See full text.
Australia Education International, Australian Embassy (2011-2012)
- Internationalisation of U.S. Higher Education in a Time of Declining Resources, (2011) (with Adelaide Ferguson). See full text.
- A Guide to U.S. Education (2012) (with Mark Darby and Charles McCollough). See full text.