International Association of Universities, Senior Fellow (June 2010–present)
Lead IAU’s Internationalization Strategy Advisory Service (ISAS), a membership service to help institutions review and advance their internationalization policies and strategies (See ISAS Brochure).
- Metropolitan Cardiff University (2017)
- Hokkaido University (2016)
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Transport (2014-15)
- Universidad Científica del Perú (2013)
- University of Botswana (2013-14)
- Universidad de la Rioja, Argentina (2012-13)
- Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania (2010-11)
- Moi University, Kenya (2010-11)
- Hokkaido University (2010)
- Consult with IAU on all aspects of its internationalization work (research, policy statements, program development).
- Serve as lead expert for IAU project with Romania: “Internationalisation, equity and institutional management for a quality higher education. ” Serve as member of leadership team to develop and monitor the project, member of steering committee to develop a national strategy for internationalization; and team member undertaking four of 20 visits to Romanian Universities to conduct workshops on Strategic Planning Management (2014-15).
World Bank Consulting Team to RANEPA University, Moscow (2015- 16)
Assisted RANEPA in developing a strategic plan for internationalization through analysis of existing programs, activities, and structures, and guidance in developing a plan.
Malaysian Ministry of Education (March 2014)
Served as a member of an international panel convened by IAU and the Ministry to advise on the development of a national internationalization policy.
American University of Cairo (January 2014)
Planned and conducted retreat for board of trustees.
Higher Education Authority of Ireland (November 2013)
Served as one of five panel members to review submissions of Irish higher education institutions to the HEA in a new system of performance compacts between institutions and government.
International Association of Universities (IAU), Higher Education Leadership Academy (AKEPT) and Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (November 2013)
Planned and served as presenter/facilitator in workshop on internationalization for Malaysian higher education leaders.
NUFFIC (March 2013)
NUFFIC is the organization for international education cooperation of the Netherlands. I participated in an invitational working group to guide NUFFIC in its project to define and assess international learning outcomes for Dutch HEIs.
Columbus Association, Paris, France (March 2011)
Columbus is an association of European and Latin American universities. I planned and conducted a workshop in Colombia for Latin American university rectors and senior administrators on leading internationalization. Delivered presentations on leadership, strategic planning, implementation strategies, and measurement.
European University Association (August 2010)
Planned and facilitated a retreat of board members, member presidents, and EUA staff. To prepare for the retreat, I interviewed all 18 participants, other key individuals, and developed a summary of issues.
Texas A&M University at Qatar (February 2010 and January 2012)
Member of an international team invited for two separate visits by the Qatar Foundation and Texas A&M at Qatar to review the progress of this branch campus since its founding.
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Program on Higher Education and Regional Economic Development (October 2010)
Member of an international team to make recommendations on the contribution of higher education (University of Arizona, community college system) to regional economic development.