BOARD AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
- Board of Trustees, International Students Exchange Program (ISEP), 2015- present.
- Board of Trustees, American College of Pnomh Penh, 2014-2016.
- Board of Trustees, Juniata College (PA), 2002- 2012.
- Board of Trustees, Sweet Briar College (VA), Chair, Academic Affairs Committee, 1995-2003.
- Board of Trustees, Wilson College (PA), 1988-1995.
- Administrative Board, International Association of Universities and Vice President, 2004-2010.
- Member, Governing Board, Institute for Management in Higher Education (Paris, France) 2008-2010.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Forum on Education Abroad, 2003-2008.
Other Professional Activities
- Member, Editorial Board, Handbook of Internationalisation of Higher Education. 2016-
- Member, advisory council, Mellon Global Citizenship Program, a project of 36 Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Appalachian College Association members on their global citizenship education initiatives, coordinated by the Salzburg Seminar with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, 2015 – present.
- Member, dissertation committees, University of Pennsylvania Executive Doctoral Program, School of Education: Autumn Graves, Justifying the Teaching of Justice:Using civic engagement programs to prepare liberal arts students for the workplace and civic responsibility; Jarle Breivik, Transformational Change of Biomedical PhD Education at the University of Pennsylvania; Linda Luciano, Who and What has influenced lay women to become presidents of Catholic Colleges and Amy McCormick, Developing Global Citizens, 2012-2014.